United World Alliances
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
United World Alliances

Joined together through friendship

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ask and i shall answer ;)

Go down 
+6
Lord Slayer
Shiftie -F-
leonidas1953
adorable
OddsoTod
Kimmie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimmie

Kimmie

Ask and i shall answer ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:18 am

Would you believe that for the first time in years I didn't have a single girl scout come and ask me to buy cookies!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
OddsoTod
Admin
OddsoTod

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:29 am

good good! Glad you made it here.
Back to top Go down
adorable

adorable

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:33 pm

kimmie ask me to ask u , r u hot?
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Poo....I am going to nickname you Mud if you aren't careful.

Anya...I am sure he is right because IUA has nothing but gorgeous girls. Wink
Back to top Go down
leonidas1953

PostSubject: welcome   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:16 pm

welcome to the big leagues Anya.
I have a very simple theory about the girls of IUA - we have all the hot ones worth having, cuz if you're a girl and you're NOT in IUA you're either a)not hot or b)not worth having LOL!
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Ahhh....Leo must of been the one who sent out the circular that said IUA girls are hot. I honestly couldn't remember who it was.

@Anya...haven't read those but I LOVE to read so I will check them out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shiftie -F-

Shiftie -F-

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 2:37 pm

I tried to read that series by Terry Goodkind. I got as far as to finish the first book and lost interest. Sad
Back to top Go down
Shiftie -F-

Shiftie -F-

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:16 pm

It was the main character. I just couldn't get into him.

Recently I read Brent Weeks three book series about an assassin called the Night
Angel series. That was awesome! I loved everything about it.

I also really liked The Dark Tower series by Stephen King (by the way, I HATE Stephen King's books). But that series had some of the best character development I have ever read.

The Drizzt series of course.

Both series by Laural K. Hamilton, Anita Blake and Merry Gentry.

And Alastair Reynalds has a three book series that I really enjoyed.

Those are at the top of the list for series of books I have read and really enjoyed. Currently I am ready George Martin's series A Song of Fire and Ice, and am enjoying it. On the side I am also ready the original Vampire Hunter D series.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Great sig, Anya!! It looks fantastic. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Slayer

Lord Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:41 pm

What part of MIchigan?

<-- originally of Waterford TWP, outside Pontiac
Back to top Go down
Blackwolfe

Blackwolfe

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Shiftie -F- wrote:
The Drizzt series of course.

Ever read Weis & Hickman Shiftie? Years ago I was enthralled with their Dragonlance stuff, but have read a bunch of their other world novels.
Back to top Go down
Shiftie -F-

Shiftie -F-

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:18 pm

i have not, whats it about?
Back to top Go down
Blackwolfe

Blackwolfe

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:30 pm

It's much like your Drizzt Forgotten Realms world, only it is called Dragonlance. There is a copious amount of novels within this universe, by many different authors. So it's nice to get different writing styles with the same characters you've come to enjoy. You may recognize some popular character names like Raistlin, Tanis, and Fizban.

This should give you a general idea of where to start if interested. Chronicles is of course their most famous trilogy which started it all. If you can't stomach those, I wouldn't bother looking into anything else. That link has a 'comprehensive list' link early on that should spell it all out quickly for you.
Back to top Go down
Shiftie -F-

Shiftie -F-

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:41 pm

DragonLance does sound familiar. I am sure someone has suggested it to me before. But seeing as my memory sucks so bad, it is most likely I forgot 2.378 seconds after the conversation was done.
Back to top Go down
snengod2

snengod2

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:47 am

Blackwolfe wrote:
It's much like your Drizzt Forgotten Realms world, only it is called Dragonlance. There is a copious amount of novels within this universe, by many different authors. So it's nice to get different writing styles with the same characters you've come to enjoy. You may recognize some popular character names like Raistlin, Tanis, and Fizban.

This should give you a general idea of where to start if interested. Chronicles is of course their most famous trilogy which started it all. If you can't stomach those, I wouldn't bother looking into anything else. That link has a 'comprehensive list' link early on that should spell it all out quickly for you.

i just read the first book favorite characters are flint and Goldmoon

wish i could get a copy of the winter and spring books
Back to top Go down
Lord Slayer

Lord Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:09 pm

ANYA wrote:
Thanks Kimmie

Slayer i from Kalamazoo area and know were pontiac is

Western Michigan U?
Back to top Go down
Lord Slayer

Lord Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:33 pm

ANYA wrote:
nope grew up around kalamazoo i go to school in lansing

MSU?

Ewwwwww
Back to top Go down
madchen

madchen

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptySun May 31, 2009 11:03 pm

Hello,

First I have to defend the honor of some of the girls in my alliance. Definately worth having, and gorgeuos to boot. Just ask Cass, she will tell you so.What a Face

Second, I have just gotten the full set of the Dragonlance Chronicles at Half priced books. cheers

Third, my wife has a cousin who lives in Battle Creek, which as I recall is spitting distance from Kalamazoo.

Fourth, have you ever read any of the Dragonlance books set on the island of the Minotaurs? I really don't remember the names of the books, but I liked them. They were written by Richard Knaak. A local guy from the Midwest like me. study
Back to top Go down
madchen

madchen

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptySun May 31, 2009 11:18 pm

I read them years ago, a couple of times. I ever got through the Twins books, but the Chronicles I liked.

The minotaur books were set during the times when the gods had left the realms. It is in the kingdom of the minotaurs. Almost all the characters are minotaurs too. It was a good read. Mr. Knaak can build up characters that are not just 2 dimensional cutouts.

The set consists of Tides of Blood, Empire of Blood, and Night of Blood, in no particular order.

Here is the editorial review from Amazon (it is not very helpful, but I did not find any better anywhere I looked.)

Product Description
The first title in a new trilogy from best-selling author Richard A. Knaak, now in paperback. This direct follow-up to the best-selling War of Souls trilogy deals with the minotaurs, a race with which New York Times best-selling author Knaak is particularly associated in the minds of Dragonlance novels fans. This series moves the minotaur species to the forefront of the Dragonlance world and is both a key title for Dragonlance fans and an excellent entry point for new readers.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:54 am

Hmmmmmmmmm....Anya I think we might need to start a book discussion thread in the lounge. Razz
Back to top Go down
tdjna

tdjna

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 8:00 pm

leonidas1953 wrote:
welcome to the big leagues Anya.
I have a very simple theory about the girls of IUA - we have all the hot ones worth having, cuz if you're a girl and you're NOT in IUA you're either a)not hot or b)not worth having LOL!

What does that make the "women" of IB? Just kidding. Haven't been a girl in quite a few years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask and i shall answer ;)   Ask and i shall answer ;) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ask and i shall answer ;)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United World Alliances :: Welcome to the UWA :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: